Victoria Sponge with fresh cream, strawberries and Honey Roasted Seeds
June 27, 2018, Lucinda Munchy
A classic Victoria Sponge makes the perfect treat for afternoon tea.
250g unsalted butter
250g golden caster sugar
4 large free range eggs
250g of self-raising flour
1/2 a vanilla pod
1 tablespoon of icing sugar
100ml double cream
4 tablespoons of strawberry jam
100g fresh strawberries
100g Honey Roasted Munchy Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas 3. Grease and two 20cm sandwich tins and line the bases with greaseproof paper circles, then lightly dust with flour.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy – you can do this by hand, or in a food processor.
- One-by-one, beat in the eggs, then sift in the flour and fold through. Split the vanilla pod lengthways, then scrape out the seeds and add to the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins and spread out evenly, then bake for 45 minutes, or until golden, risen and an insterted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add the icing sugar and cream, then whisk together.
- To assemble, spread an even layer of strawberry jam over one of the cakes, followed by a layer of the cream, then dot the strawberries over the top. Sandwich the second cake on top, dust with icing sugar, add more strawberries and finish with a sprinkle of Honey Roasted Seeds. Then serve.
We love seeing your delicious recipes using our Munchy Seeds, so why not try baking this at home and share your photos with us on social media @munchyseeds.