Summer Vegetable Tarts
September 2, 2019, Lucinda Munchy
These are fab for making as a family or with friends for an easy evening meal – everyone can add their own toppings and mix and match as they like! (serves 4)
- 1 x Ready roll puff pastry block
- Few tbsp. pesto or passata (whichever you prefer for your base)
- Veggies! Great examples include peppers, mushrooms, courgette, aubergine, red onion, tomatoes, whatever you fancy!
- Seeds – Our favourites would be Mild Chilli or our Sweet Chilli, but if these are slightly too spicy for your little ones Mega Omega work amazingly also.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C
- Dust a small amount of flour onto a clean work surface (stop the pastry sticking) and roll out the pastry with a rolling pin
- Keep your pastry as one big tart, or cut into smaller shapes for people to make as individual tartlets!
- Place pastry on a lined baking tray and spread with pesto or passata (leave a little room around the edges – this will be your crust)
- Add whatever toppings you want, vegetables, cheeses, just stack them up!
- Add your generous sprinkle of seeds
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges of your pastry are golden brown
- Serve! A sprinkle of rocket and a drizzle of olive oil add a whole other layer of deliciousness!