Fish cakes are great as they’re so easy and amazingly good for you too! Check out this Jamie Oliver Fishcake recipe below, makes 12 fishcakes (Serves 4)
- 500 g skinless cod, haddock or pollock fillets, from sustainable sources
- 1 large Maris Piper potato (250g)
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mixed fresh green herbs, such as dill, chives or parsley
- 200 ml mayonnaise
- Generous handful of Munchy Seeds
- Roughly chop the fish, then peel and grate the potato.
- Combine with the flour an seeds in a bowl, then season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bring together with your hands and shape into 12 flat patties, then leave to chill in the fridge.
- Heat a glug of oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat. In batches of 4, cook the fish cakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden and crisp, then remove to kitchen paper to drain.
- Pick, chop and stir the herbs through the mayo, then serve with the fish cakes.
There are so many things you can serve alongside – we’d love to see what you choose! Chips, salad, Asian slaw?! Tag us @MunchySeeds and use the hashtags #MidWeekMenu and #NoRulesRecipes
Credits to Jamie Oliver: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/quick-fish-cakes/