January 1, 2020, Lucinda Munchy
These buttery shortbread biscuits are so easy to make and taste delicious! They’re brilliant for a Valentine’s treat, lunch box snack and homemade gifts for friends and family.
150g Plain Flour
50g Munchy Seeds Salted Caramel or Honey Roasted Seeds
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Mix together the butter, flour, sugar and Munchy Seeds in a mixing bowl with a spoon to start and then your hands until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Squish the mixture together until it forms a ball.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface and cut out whatever shapes you’d like!(We highly recommend hearts, starts, or (for the more creatively talented of you) why not try a self portrait, or a replica of the Eiffel tower?
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes (or until they’re golden brown).
- Once removed from the oven leave to cool for about 10 minutes.
- If you desire to do so, feel free to add royal icing and more Munchy Seeds, or melt chocolate and dip them in! Decorate them however you please!
We hope you enjoy these scrummy (and oh-so-simple) shortbread biscuits as much as we do, we’d love to see your creations so please do tag us @Munchyseeds and use the hashtag #NoRulesRecipes of Social Media