Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Parsley Salsa & Mild Chilli Seeds
December 30, 2020, Lucinda Munchy
Make cauliflower the star of the show in this exquisite dish from @nordickitchenstories.
Specially created as part of our Veganuary 2021 campaign, we just love the flavour combinations from the salsa, our Mild Chilli Seeds and the roasted cauliflower steak.
This recipe serves 2, but you can easily scale up according to numbers. You also might enjoy our interesting blog about Veganuary here too.
Prep time 30 to 40 minutes:
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- zest of half a lemon
- olive oil
- 2 tsp capers, plus a few extra to sprinkle on the finished dish
- Mild chilli seeds
- Set the oven to 180C and begin by removing the tough leaves of the cauliflower. Trim the base. Starting in the centre of the cauliflower, slice 2 thick or 4 thinner slices
- Place on a tray and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with the cumin. Season. Place a large heavy-based frying on the hob on a medium-high heat. Place the steaks in the pan. If you have 2 thick steaks brown for several minutes on one side, then flip over and place in the oven to finish cooking for 15-20 minutes. If you’ve cut thinner steaks, just flip over once brown on the under side and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- To make the salsa, finely chop the parsley with the capers. Mince the garlic. Place into a bowl and add 40ml extra virgin olive oil and the zest of half a lemon. Season with a little salt and pepper
- Place the cauliflower on the plates, randomly dollop with the salsa, sprinkle with a few capers and chilli munch seeds. Serve with a crisp seasonal salad.