November 25, 2020, Lucinda Munchy
These gluten-free seeded crackers are exceedingly easy, menacingly morish and fantastically full of healthy goodness…
Too much hyperbole? Ok. But, they’re really good, quick and versatile. Smother them with your favourite dips, treat them to a chunk of your favourite cheese with chutney, or even dunk into a soup…
We enjoy them with our Great Taste Award-winning Mega Omega, but they’re great with Mild Chilli or mix it up with a blend of your choosing…
Things you’ll need:
- 2 x 125g pack of mega omega tamari seeds
- 50g chia seeds
- 1 tsp salt and
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary – dried from the spice rack works too!
- 250ml boiled water
Things you’ll do (hopefully in order):
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl then add water and stir well.
- Let the mix soak for 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to become a bit gluey.
- Line a baking tin with baking parchment and lightly oil.
- Spread out the mixture so it is flat, tightly squeezed together and about 3 mm thick.
(Don’t feel obliged to fill to the absolute edges, a shabby, rustic shape looks great!)
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and use a pizza cutter to slice into crackers.
- Carefully turn the crackers over and put them back in the oven for a further 20 minutes.
(Little trick… Pop a chopping board a similar size to your baking tray on top, hold together for a risk-free flip!)
- Cool and store in an airtight container, they will last for at least a week.
Let us know if you give them a try, or come up with an exciting serving suggestion!