February 24, 2020, Lucinda Munchy
These super versatile muffins can be eaten as breakfast on-the-go, as a quick post gym/school snack, or even as a scrummy pudding warmed through and served with a cheeky scoop of ice cream!! They’re also incredibly easy to customise however you want.
To make our munchy muffins (around 10-12 of them, depending on case size) you will need:
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 50g butter
- 175ml milk (almond milk makes these extra yummy!)
- 100ml clear honey
- Fillings!! You can be as creative as you’d like, chuck anything in (cheese and Mild Chilli Seeds for savoury muffins (substituting half the honey), or fruit and sweeter Munchy Seeds such as Salted Caramel or Honey Roasted for sweet muffins).
We suggest any of the following:
- 150g fresh blueberries
- 25g Choccy Apricot Munchy Seeds
- 25g Super Berry Munchy Seeds
- Chocolate chips (dark, milk or white!)
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 25g Salted Caramel Seeds
- 25g Honey Roasted Seeds
- Dried fruit (Cranberries, apricots, cherries)
- 70g Raisins or sultanas
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 25g Warm Cinnamon seeds
- Pre-heat your oven to 180° and pop your muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Swift the dry ingredients into a bowl/ In a separate bowl, gently beat your eggs and add your butter (melted), milk and honey.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into your muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden. (A good test to see if they’re done is to pierce with a thin metal skewer, and if it comes out clean, they’re cooked!).
We would love to see what you add to your Munchy Muffins, so feel free to send us your photos on social media @munchyseeds, and use the hashtag #NoRulesRecipes.