Mild Chilli and Garlic Pasta
February 14, 2020, Lucinda Munchy
As part of our celebration of the launch of Mild Chilli snack packs – we asked four foodie influencers to create recipes for us! Cathye Snell, AKA @Cathyes.foodielife on Instagram has whipped up a delicious garlicy, spicy pasta dish that’s quick to prepare and super duper! See below for her recipe:
Get your own Mild Chilli Seeds here.
- 150g (dry) spaghetti (for vegan)- alternatively use fresh egg based pasta or GF spaghetti
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 bag fresh corriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 2 medium heat red chillies
- 1 tablespoon nooch (nutritional yeast)
- Olive oil
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 snack pack of mild chilli Munchy Seeds
- 1 tablespoon hummus to serve
- Finely chop all 6 garlic cloves.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius. Quarter the cherry tomatoes, place on a baking tray. Mix some chopped garlic (approximately 2 cloves worth) with olive oil and drizzle the mixture over the tomatoes. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes until tomatoes begin to shrivel. (if you are pushed for time this step could be skipped altogether and the tomatoes could be mixed through the pasta at the very end – but I love the intense flavour roasting brings).
- Finely chop the chillies and coriander (put some aside for garnish at the end).
- Place the pasta in a pre-boiled pan of salted water to cook (follow packet’s cooking instructions).
- On a low heat, warm a modest ‘glug’ of olive oil in a non stick frying pan, place the chilli and garlic in the pan and fry gently for 2-3 mins, stirring. Do not let brown.
- Mix in the tomato puree, paprika and nooch.
- Once the pasta is cooked, use tongs to remove the pasta from the saucepan and transfer to the frying pan (this prevents all the water from draining, as the starchy water will help coat the pasta in the sauce). Toss the pasta to evenly coat in the sauce. Add more pasta water if the sauce needs to be thinner.
- Either place a handful of spinach in the bottom of each serving bowl, or wilt two handfuls of spinach in the plan with the pasta and sauce.
- Mix the oven roasted tomatoes in with the pasta.
- Serve with a generous amount of hummus, top with Mild Chilli Munchy Seeds and a sprig of coriander.
Recipe is vegan, nut free and would easily be GF with GF pasta.