Homemade Halloween pumpkin soup
October 13, 2017, Lucinda Munchy
750g pumpkin or butternut squash – peeled, seeded and cubed
2 carrots chopped
2 onions cut into wedges
2 table spoons olive oil or rapeseed oil
1 large potato sliced
1 litre water
2 vegetable stock cubes
250ml double cream
salt and pepper to taste
Generous handful of delicious Mild Chilli Munchy Seeds
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting tin. Drizzle with rapeseed oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until soft but not blackened.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and crumbled stock cubes to the boil.
- Cook potato in simmering water until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Combine potato and water with roasted vegetables and puree in a liquidiser or food
- processor until smooth. Return to the pan over low heat and stir in cream, pepper and
- Heat gently; serve.
- Finish by sprinkling a handful of savoury Munchy Seeds, such as Mega Omega or Mild Chilli Seeds!
Don’t forget to share your fabulous photos with us on social media @munchyseeds on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and use the hastag #NoRulesRecipes.