Haunted Halloween Pizzas – Mid-Week Menu
October 30, 2019, Lucinda Munchy
Scrumptious and homemade, these haunted Halloween pizzas can be customised however your little monsters want! Fab as an evening meal with salad or veggies, or chill and send in their lunchboxes.
You will need:
- 400g strong bread flour
- 1 sachet dried yeast (7g)
- 250ml warm water
- Tbsn Honey
- 250g passata
- 75g Grated mozzarella
- Black olives (to be turned into spooky spiders!)
- Whatever other vegetables or toppings you fancy! (Mega Omega work very well on pizza!!)
- For the slightly more grown-up taste buds, we can only recommend the PlantBased Autumn Pizza – same dough as above, but topped with sweet potato, butternut squash, kale and walnuts.
- Pour the sachet of yeast into a jug of 250ml warm water and leave for 5 minutes to help activate the yeast, then pour into a large bowl with your 400g flour and mix.
- Use your hands on a floured surface to work the dough for 2-4 minutes until well combined. Leave for 15+ minutes to rise.
- Roll out your pizza dough and place on baking trays dusted with flour (this helps your dough to not stick)
- Get creative! Top your dough with passata and whatever toppings you want to make spooky shapes and Munchy monsters before baking in a pre-heated oven (180°C) for 10 minutes or until the crust of your pizza is crispy and golden and the cheese has melted.