Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
February 9, 2021, Lucinda Munchy
We’re in the mood for love and romance, and these melt-in-the-mouth cookies are irresistibly chocolaty, making the perfect passionate treat for Valentine’s Day.
Topped with our honey roasted seeds, they are easy to bake and even easier to devour!
Makes approx. 12 plus, depending on the size of your cutter
Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time 10 minutes
- 175g softened butter
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- For the icing: 1 tbsp icing sugar, 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- To decorate: our Honey Roasted Seeds or our Salted Caramel Seeds
- Combine the butter and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy
- Add the flour and cocoa and mix into a firm dough (this might take a couple of minutes or so)
- Turn out onto a piece of baking parchment, roll to 5mm thickness then cut out your heart shapes
- Chill them in the fridge whilst your oven is heating to 180C. Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking parchment and cook for 10 – 12 minutes
- Whilst the cookies are cooling, mix your icing ingredient together with a tiny amount of cold water to create a runny icing
- Brush icing over half of each of the hearts (see pic) then sprinkle seeds on top
- Leave them to cool and stick then enjoy every mouthful with the love of your life!