Pancakes with Choccy Seeds, Nutella and Orange Zest
February 16, 2021, Lucinda Munchy
We love February for it’s foodie calendar of delights, and I think we all deserve the delectable pick-me-up of these pancakes and chocolate seeds.
This mouth-watering combination from @nordickitchenstories fulfills most people’s favourite cravings. What’s not to love where there’s pancakes, chocolate, Nutella and cream?
In case you’re interested in the nutritive benefits of the pumpkin seeds in this mix please read our ‘Let’s Talk About Pumpkin Seeds’ blog here.
Now to the really fun part … how to make pancake heaven!
Makes approx. 6-8 pancakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 120g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 350ml milk
- A knob of butter
- Nutella or chocolate spread
- Our Choccy Ginger Munchy Seeds
- Grated zest of 1 orange and freshly whipped cream or Greek style yogurt
- In a large mixing bowl, create a well with the flour then add the eggs, slowly whisking them into flour.
- Add the sugar and salt and stir until combined. Gradually add the milk, whisking to combine.
- Let the batter stand for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small shallow frying pan over medium heat, melt a knob of butter. Add 3/4 ladle full of batter to the pan, swirling it to evenly coat.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for 1 minute more; repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with chocolate spread, freshly whipped cream or yogurt, orange zest and choccy seeds.