Chilli Crunch Granola and Radicchio Salad
January 20, 2021, Lucinda Munchy
This amazing recipe from young vegan recipe stylist and guru @cathyes.world not only elevates the salad as a warm dish, but elevates the seeds themselves to give a truly tasty, filling and super healthy plant-based option. You can follow Cathye on Instagram, she uses our dry roasted seed mixes in many of her recipes and creates truly exciting vegan ideas for everyday eating. She’s also a specialist food stylist too.
Photographs and recipes courtesy of @cathyes.world
Serves 1 – 2
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 100g Mild Chilli Munchy Seeds
- 100g oats
- 100g walnuts
- 100g cashews
- 25g hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- 100ml water
- Lettuce of choice
- Radicchio lettuce (or sub for red cabbage)
- 200g radish
Maple Mustard vinaigrette ingredients
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius.
- Roughly chop walnuts and cashews. Mix all the dry granola ingredients together well. Add the soy sauce, oil and a dribble of water. Mix. Keep adding water until the ingredients are damp and begin to clump together.
- Spread mixture out on a baking try and bake for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins give the mixture a gentle mix. It should begin to form granola clusters so don’t stir too vigorously. Pop back in the oven for another 20 mins until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and stir again. You should have some large granola clusters and some smaller individual pieces.
- While the granola is baking, top and tail the radishes, chop in halves and place on a second baking tray. Lightly toss is olive oil and sea salt. Place in oven for 25 mins at 200C. They should be beginning to brown, but still have some crunch to them when you take them out of the oven.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing all ingredients together.
- Chop the radicchio in halves (if you’ve got the long thin ones) or quarters (if you’ve got the round ones!). Heat a grill pan on a medium/high heat, and place radicchio on to grill cut side down. Grill for 4-5 mins.
- On a bed of lettuce, serve grilled radicchio, roast radishes and granola clusters. Add a generous handful of chopped parsley, as much granola as you like, and finish by drizzling the vinaigrette and add a few extra Mild Chilli Seeds. Enjoy while warm.