Carrot, ginger and miso soup
February 7, 2020, Lucinda Munchy
A delicious, healthy soup makes the perfect lunch and can easily be packed up and taken to the office. Toasted savoury seeds add extra flavour and nutrition to any soup, but here is one you really must try.
- 400g carrot, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 roughly chopped onion
- 15g sliced and peeled ginger
- 1 star anise
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- Parsley, washed and chopped
- Savoury Munchy Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°c, roast the carrots for 30 minutes in 1 tsp of oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook the onion in a tsp of oil on a low to medium heat until soft, (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add the grated ginger and star anise, season with salt and pepper and cook for another minute.
- Add the heat, stir in the miso and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
- Take out the star anise and blend until smooth.
- Serve topped with Munchy Seeds and fresh parsley.
We love seeing your wonderful recipes using our seeds, so please don’t forget to share them on Instagram and tag us @munchyseeds.