Beetroot Hummus with Veggies
January 4, 2021, Lucinda Munchy
A fresh and vibrant lunch you can look forward to all morning. We think it’s time to reclaim our lunch break and make the most of that vegan foodie moment.
This delicious rainbow of foods makes the perfect lunchtime platter to be savoured and enjoyed while having a mindful moment of positive thinking and relaxation.
Makes plenty and lasts in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 4 beetroots (approx 450g)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- juice of a lemon
- 2 tbsp water
- 100g Tamari Mega Omega 7 seed mix
- salt & pepper to taste
- Toasted Sesame Sprinkles
- 1/2 an avocado (per person)
- Some cold, steamed broccoli stems
- A handful of toasted cashew nuts
- Some grated, or spiralised, fresh carrot
- A drizzle of rapeseed oil
- Set the oven to 180C and roast the beetroot (with skins on) for 40 minutes on a greased baking sheet. For the final 15 minutes add in the skin-on garlic cloves to roast too.
- Allow to cool then peel the beetroot and the garlic. Blend with the remaining ingredients until smooth and season to taste.
- To serve, spread a portion of the hummus on your plate then garnish with slices of avocado, grated carrot, steamed broccoli and a sprinkle of toasted cashew nuts with our Toasted Sesame Sprinkles to give the dish that extra frisson of umami. Yum!
If you enjoy this recipe you may well enjoy our gorgeous recipe booklet which has lots of recipe and snack ideas to fuel your day – it’s only £1.49. You can add a copy to your basket here.