Locally grown by our friends at Hillfarm Oils, these tiny black seeds contain a rich golden oil that is high in omega 3,6 and 9 and are packed full of vitamin E, protein and fibre. Delicious mixed through salads, soups and stir-frys they will keep you well-oiled all day long.
Rapeseed may be tiny but they are also powerful, being high in fibre and containing a rich source of protein – the perfect combination if you need to keep your foot on the pedal all day. They also have high levels of essential fatty acids which are important for healthy brains, joints and circulation and it’s great that they are grown just up the road by Hillfarm Oils so we don’t have far to go when we need a top up.
We love these black beauties because they are:
- A natural source of energy
- High in Fibre, Protein and Iron
- Gluten free
- Vegetarian and Vegan
- Packed with essential vitamins and minerals such as Zinc, Phosphorus and Magnesium
Toasted Rapeseed is delicious when mixed into salads, soups, stews and stir fry’s and just a sprinkling allows everyone to have a daily fix of everything that is good for you.
Pick & Mix
Handy snacks packs – Omega Sprinkles
Tasty tubs – Omega Sprinkles
We have also created some delicious recipes that allow you to introduce all your family and friends to our nutritious range. We guarantee our Scrummy Olive and Tomato Pasta dish will soon become a family favourite.
Take a look at our recipe page for some great ideas that will soon have you adding a sprinkle to all of your favourite dishes.
The health benefits of rapeseed
Rapeseed is officially HIGH in…
- Iron which contributes to the normal formation of red blood cells & haemoglobin and to the reduction of tiredness & fatigue. Iron also contributes to normal cognitive function and to the normal function of the immune system. A 50g serving of rapeseed contains 19% of your daily RI for Iron.
- Calcium which is needed for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth. Calcium also contributes to normal muscle function. A 50g serving of rapeseed contains 26% of your daily RI for Calcium.
- Fibre a 50g serving of rapeseed contains approximately 8.9g.
- Vitamin E which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. A 50g serving of rapeseed contains 45% of your daily RI for Vitamin E.
- Vitamin K which contributes to the maintenance of normal bones. Vitamin K also contributes to normal blood clotting. A 50g serving of rapeseed contains 25% of your daily RI for Vitamin K.
- Zinc which contributes to normal fertility and reproduction and contributes to the maintenance of hair, nails, skin, bones and vision. Zinc also contributes to normal cognitive function and to the normal function of the immune system. A 50g serving of rapeseed contains 16% of your daily RI for Zinc.
- Manganese which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. Manganese also contributes to the maintenance of normal bones. A 50g serving contains 70% of your daily RI for Manganese.
*RI is the % reference intake.
Rapeseed is officially a SOURCE of…
- Vitamin B6 which contributes to normal red blood cell formation and to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Potassium which contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure. Potassium also contributes to normal muscle function.
- Protein which is needed to grow muscle mass & maintain normal bones.