Pumpkin seeds have a long history as a celebrated food in many cultures, including Native American, Aztec and the Mediterranean where they were enjoyed for their health giving. These seeds are super nutritious and packed with real goodness like vitamins, minerals, protein and fibre.As well as tasting super delicious, pumpkin seeds are great for boosting brain power and maintaining beautiful hair, skin and nails. We believe that looking good and feeling fabulous is an important part of leading a healthy and balanced lifestyle and just one of the many reasons to get more toasted seeds back into your daily diet.
- Natural source of energy
- High in Fibre, Protein and Iron
- Gluten free
- Vegetarian and Vegan
- Packed with essential vitamins and minerals such as Zinc, Potassium and Magnesium.
Toasted pumpkin seeds are delicious over salads, soups and pasta and great for adding texture to casseroles, stews and stir frys. These little goodies are scrummy mixed in to your bowl of granola or for powering up your breakfast smoothies. Check out our range of tasty seed mixes or our delicious recipe page for ideas on how to up your protein and fibre game with toasted Pumpkin seeds!
Power of Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are officially HIGH in…
- Iron which contributes to the normal formation of red blood cells & haemoglobin and to the reduction of tiredness & fatigue. Iron also contributes to normal cognitive function and to the normal function of the immune system. A 50g serving of pumpkin seeds contains 36% of your daily RI for Iron.
- Zinc which contributes to normal fertility and reproduction and contributes to the maintenance of hair, nails, skin, bones and vision. Zinc also contributes to normal cognitive function and to the normal function of the immune system. A 50g serving of pumpkin seeds contains 33% of your daily RI for Zinc.
- Phosphorus which contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth. A 50g serving of pumpkin seeds contains 61% of your daily RI for Phosphorus.
- Magnesium which contributes to normal muscle function and to normal protein synthesis. Magnesium also contributes to a reduction of tiredness & fatigue and contributes to the maintenance of normal bones & teeth. A 50g serving of pumpkin seeds contains 36% of your daily RI for Magnesium.
- Potassium which contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure. Potassium also contributes to normal muscle function. A 50g serving contains 21% of your daily RI for Potassium.
*RI is the % reference intake.
Pumpkin seeds are officially a SOURCE of…
- Fibre a 50g serving of pumpkin seeds contains approximately 2.7g.
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1) which contributes to the normal function of the heart.
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) which is contributes to the normal metabolism of iron and to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Protein which is needed to grow muscle mass & maintain normal bones.
Delicious Mexican Kale Salad with Toasted Chilli Bites
Looking for pumpkin seeds?
You can find them in all eight of our delicious seed mixes:
Handy snack packs!