When we’re not busy toasting our tasty seeds we love being creative in the kitchen, experimenting with recipes and trying out new ideas especially when it’s Bake Off season! Our delicious and easy-to-bake biscuit recipe, combined with our newest Super Berry mix, is perfect for coffee mornings, mid-afternoon sweet snacking and great for cosying up on the sofa and dunking into your favourite cup of tea.
These scrummy lightly toasted seeds, with added blueberries, mango, cranberries, goji berries and cocoa nibs are healthy, nutritious and moreish all in one – a deliciously healthy way to satisfy those naughty sugar cravings and the perfect ingredient for this yummy recipe!
These delicious biscuits are bursting with fabulously fruity flavours and are suitable for vegetarians (and vegans too with one small change in the recipe!). If you don’t believe just how good they are, then knock up a batch and try them for yourself. Why not include some Super Berry in your cake mixture or dough and send us a recipe which we can add to our website. Don’t forget to send a photo too!
125g butter (or dairy free spread for vegan biscuits)
125g granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and Munchy Seeds Super Berry.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Shape into a log and wrap in clingfilm and put in the fridge for at least an hour or preferably overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Divide and roll the cookie dough until about 3/4 cm thick.
- Cut into circles approximately 6cm in diameter.
- Space the biscuits out on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes – a little under-done is best as they will firm when cooled.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes then carefully transfer to a wire cooling rack.