Everyone loves the classic pesto pasta dish. This simple and delicious homemade pesto pasta recipe is absolutely bursting with fresh herby flavour and veggie goodness. Adding tasty toasted seeds to the dish increases your daily intake of protein, fibre & Vitamin E.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
250g of your favourite type of pasta
2 x salmon fillets (260g)
150g of peas, about 1 cup full
100g of broadbeans
A generous handful of spinach, cherry tomatoes and extra toasted savoury seeds to garnish.
For the pesto: 15g basil leaves; zest of ¼ lemon and juice of a ¹⁄ ³ of a lemon; 2 tbsp Omega Sprinkles;150ml olive oil; pinch of salt and black pepper.
*If you’re a non meat eater just swap out the salmon for extra veggies. You can read more about our top tips for vegetarians here.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Place the salmon fillets skin-side down in a large clean roasting tray on grease proof paper. Drizzle over olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions in a large pan of slightly salted boiling water and drain after.
- Blend the pesto mixture together in a blender, whilst seasoning with salt and black pepper.
- Boil the frozen peas and broad beans in a pan for 10 minutes before draining.
- Add the pesto mixture, veggies and pasta in a pan and give it a good stir.
- Plate up the pasta and serve with hot roasted salmon, spinach and halved cherry tomatoes.